Lunar Rainbow and Lightning photo *PIC*

Antworten
Ern Mainka

Lunar Rainbow and Lightning photo *PIC*

Beitrag von Ern Mainka » 19. Okt 2003, 01:55

Can anyone tell me if they have ever seen or know of another Lunar Rainbow (Moonbow) AND Lightning photo ?

I took this one 18 December 2002 but have only just discovered it.

Ern

More on this one here :
http://www.ernmphotography.com/Pages/At ... allery.htm

Michiel de Boer

Hah, that's a cool photo

Beitrag von Michiel de Boer » 19. Okt 2003, 13:03

Looks a bit strange becouse the bow is as bright as the inside of it.
I have seen some lunar bows on the internet, but I wouldn't know any url right now.

Michael Ellestad

That is very cool!! moonbow and lightning at once!!

Beitrag von Michael Ellestad » 20. Okt 2003, 02:07

Hello Ern,

Thats the first time I have ever seen a photo of a nice moonbow and yet with lightning.

I am also big in atmospheric optics and I have my own homepage on atmospheric optics plus my tornado generator for those like me who are into tornadoes. So if you want to you can check out my site at th bottom of this posting or email me.

Greetings,
Michael

Ern Mainka

Light Pollution *PIC*

Beitrag von Ern Mainka » 20. Okt 2003, 09:10

With Darwin (behind me) city light pollution and the lightning going off all around and overhead the colored bands of the rainbow are 'washed out'. It would no doubt have shown more color in the bands if not for that. Virtually only 'Alexanders dark band' is visible.

Fogbows are generally pure white due to the small size water droplets. Although there was certainly torrential rain (large drops) behind the rainbow there might have also been some mist (small drops) ahead of it, perhaps. With the city light pollution its a wonder it was visible at all. Lunar Rainbows are usually faint/week anyway.

So far, it seems this may be the only known photo of both a Lunar Rainbow and Lightning together.

Antworten