Suncave Parry, 9/10/12

Forum für Halo-Erscheinungen, Regenbögen, Blitze und alle anderen Lichterscheinungen, die neben Polarlichtern in der Erdatmosphäre auftreten.
Antworten
Alec Jones

Suncave Parry, 9/10/12

Beitrag von Alec Jones » 12. Okt 2012, 22:42

Hi Everyone,

I saw my first suncave Parry the other day whilst on my lunch break at the school where I work. Whilst I frequently see halos, most of them are quite mundane and the rarer ones have an annoying habit of eluding me on a regular basis! However, after nearly three years of patient and sometimes frustrating observation I have finally seen one. Perseverance is the key; don't give up!

http://theboltonhalotriangle.blogspot.c ... -left.html

Best,

Alec

Kevin Boyle

Beitrag von Kevin Boyle » 13. Okt 2012, 06:56

Hello Alec,

Well done on your first Parry. They can be quite elusive but the one on the 9th was fairly long-lived and appeared twice. This Parry was the third for me this year (so far). I can't remember when I saw my first one because I've observed them without understanding what they were.

Best wishes,

Kevin

Alec Jones

Beitrag von Alec Jones » 13. Okt 2012, 14:01

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks. I was initially hopeful that other halos/arcs might become visible but unfortunately, shortly after the photos were taken, it clouded up somewhat for the rest of the afternoon precluding further observation.

I've now got my sights set on my first Lowitz....!

Best,

Alec

Michael Ellestad
Parry arcs

Beitrag von Michael Ellestad » 15. Okt 2012, 16:10

Hey Alec,

Congrads in getting a nice parry arc! In Ohio USA parry arcs are on my list of common halos mainly upper suncave parry. I've seen a couple convex parry arc including simultaneous concave and convex. The lunar halos I got a while back show faint upper and lower concave parry arcs.

Hopefully you will get some rare stuff like wegener arcs ect.

He Alec you on facebook? add me if you have a facebook account my profile or cover pic is aurora borealis.

Regards,

Michael

Antworten