detonierender Bolide über Jütland (DK)

Forum zur Diskussion von Meteor- und Feuerkugelsichtungen, sowie zur Besprechung von Meteorströmen.
Antworten
Thomas Grau
detonierender Bolide über Jütland (DK)

Beitrag von Thomas Grau » 15. Okt 2009, 22:35

Hallo Feuerkugel Fans!

Auch am 6. Okt. 2009 kurz nach Mitternacht gab es schon einen wirklich spektakulären Boliden zu sehen.
All-Sky-Meteorkamera in Nord Jütland:
http://www.astro.ku.dk/~norup/webcam/fb20091006/

Schönes Dokument! :shock:

Anton, weißt Du noch mehr Details?
Mark wie war das Wetter, konnten Deine Kameras was sehen?

Wo sind die Unterschiede zum aktuellen Fall vom Dienstag zu finden?!
1. Er kam eine Woche zu früh ...
quatsch!
1. Zu der Zeit ist keiner mehr wirklich wach.
2. Es gab kaum Wolkenlücken.
3. Es gibt nur eine sw-Aufnahme
4. Meteorwolke war nach der Detonation nicht zu sehen.
5. Es gibt nur 6 Zeugen.

Zu einem Massenerlebnis und Medienauflauf wie heute braucht es eben mehr als eine Fallerscheinung!

Grüße aus Bernau
Thomas

PS: Wann kommt der Nächste? Und bist DU bereit für diesen!
Auf gehts Meteorbeobachter, mit Kamera im Anschlag und nervösem Finger...
Grau ist alle Theorie ...

Anton Norup Sorensen
Beitrag von Anton Norup Sorensen » 20. Okt 2009, 20:50

Hallo Thomas and everybody else interested,

I recently went to see three of the very few eyewitnesses, to get a first-hand account on the actual sites of observation. It was very rewarding to hear their impressions and the precision of their sighting directions could be improved somewhat.
The new azimuth map is shown below:

Bild
Cyan line: camera, Red: witness, brighter line is ending direction. Yellow dot: boom heard.

It is clear that the meteor path still cannot be determined with good precision, but it is certainly better than before.
All witnesses reported first seeing the ground illuminated and afterwards seeing the meteor. Also, they all reported ending altitudes far lower than expected from the video.
I think this means that this means that they see the fireball after the brightest flash in the video and that the still visible meteor continues down outside the field of view of the camera.
The ending in the video corresponds to a height of about 40km, and without being sure, I do not think this would produce an audible sonic boom. If it continued lower, it easier explains that a boom could be heard.
This also means that a fall site must be further to the east of the last line of sight of the video, probably by at least 20 km.

Some other derived parameters:
Meteor track heading: approx 110 deg, inclination approx 45 deg.
Speed 20-25 km/s
Guess of fall zone: Southern Djursland, near the town of Ebeltoft, or the sea to the north of the island Samsoe.

Regarding cameras, I think it should be outside the FOV of Mark's Vechta camera. A flash in the clouds was recorded in Copenhagen, but not the actual fireball.

Kind regards,
Anton

Mark Vornhusen
Administrator
Beitrag von Mark Vornhusen » 20. Okt 2009, 21:23

Hello Anton,
there is a very small white dot at the outer left edge of the image. I don't see a similar dot in the time before and after the time of the meteor. So this could be caused by the meteor.
http://www.parhelia.de/storm/2009/fk_20091006_2327.jpg
Best,
Mark

Anton Norup Sorensen
Beitrag von Anton Norup Sorensen » 21. Okt 2009, 07:51

Hi Mark,
Thanks for providing the image. I made a simple conversion for the bright dot to az=28.2 alt=10.0. The conversion was based on an image of yours with stars from 2006, so it may not be highly accurate.
However, the dot appears to be placed too far to the east and at a height of 90-100km, so is does not seem likely that it is related to the fireball.

Bild

Kind regards,
Anton

Antworten