my pics from Monday/Tuesday night

Antworten
Tom Eklund

my pics from Monday/Tuesday night

Beitrag von Tom Eklund » 20. Aug 2003, 17:43

Hi,

Well, it went quite like i was afraid it would go. On sunday/monday night i had almost perfect exposures with f/2.8, but since i got the film back on tuesday, i didn't know that. I thought they would be underexposed on sunday and so i decided to use f/2.0 on monday. That was an mistake, about 80% of the pics have been overexposed to useless.

Ok, not all was bad, i got one shot that i have "dreamed" quite a while and few overexposed, but still quite ok pictures.
Anyway, the show was great! if i just had used either f/2.8 or 8 sec or less. Maybe next time then. :-)

oh yes...my best pictures from the show can be found from

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/tom.eklund ... aug03.html

Best regards to all,
Tom Eklund

Marjorie

Re: my pics from Monday/Tuesday night

Beitrag von Marjorie » 20. Aug 2003, 18:27

Hi Tom,

Wow, i am impressed! Beautiful pictures again!

Brrrrr :),

Marjorie

Torsten Kallweit

Very nice pics; beautiful! *o.T.* *PIC*

Beitrag von Torsten Kallweit » 20. Aug 2003, 20:30

Very nice pics; beautiful! *o.T.* *PIC*

Torsten Kallweit

Sorry, my pic should not appear yet! *o.T.*

Beitrag von Torsten Kallweit » 20. Aug 2003, 20:32

Sorry, my pic should not appear yet! *o.T.*

Peter Wloch

Re: auch sehr schoen :)

Beitrag von Peter Wloch » 20. Aug 2003, 20:49

..ist aber vom letzten Jahr, nicht?

Gruss
Peter

Katja Gottschewski

Re: They are beautiful!

Beitrag von Katja Gottschewski » 20. Aug 2003, 21:03

Hi Tom,

most of your pictures don't look much overexposed to me. But of course I don't know what the show looked like directly. Anyway, I find it very difficult to find the best (I first wrote "right", but I am not sure there's a "right" and "wrong") exposure time for aurora during twilight.

Katja

Sebastian (Südfinnland)

Beitrag von Sebastian (Südfinnland) » 20. Aug 2003, 23:35

Hi!

Amazing. And I like that new location you have... Even though I have to say that the pictures from the lakeside had their own magic as well.

> Ok, not all was bad, i got one shot that i have "dreamed" quite a while

I would be really interested to know which one you mean? The twilight effect as in aug19_16.jpg ? I really liked that one!

> oh yes...my best pictures from the show can be found from [...]

Good to see some professional photos from that event! Also brought me some relief concerning the reliablity of the colours in my photos ;) You had at least some kind of strong changes in colour and intensity as well (from purple to nearly white, and even the yellowish-greenish ones).

Regards,
Sebastian

Joachim Uhlig

Very good pictures. *o.T.*

Beitrag von Joachim Uhlig » 21. Aug 2003, 03:56

Very good pictures. *o.T.*

Tom Eklund

Beitrag von Tom Eklund » 21. Aug 2003, 09:01

Hi!

Katja: Well, almost all of those pics are overexposed with colors shift (maybe, i don't remember exactly.). I left them little dark after scanning.

> I would be really interested to know which one you mean? The
> twilight effect as in aug19_16.jpg ? I really liked that one!

The pic that i have hoped the get is this:

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/tom.eklund ... g19_13.jpg

When high latitude moves south and when one can see it low it horizon, one still doesn't get good sightings of the overhead rayed bands. At the time it didn't come to my mind that these rays are actually a rayed band right over this latitude...Better seen this photo.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/tom.eklund ... g19_14.jpg

I am not sure, but this clear a rayed belts right over this latitude may be rather rare. Although, from the cottage it's useless to try to take photos from that angle of the sky, so even if there has been many of those...i didn't have any good earlier pics of such before.

Best regards,
Tom E.

Torsten Kallweit

Beitrag von Torsten Kallweit » 21. Aug 2003, 22:43

Jou, das hing noch von irgendeinem Posting hier von mir dran; ist ein Foto vom 1./2.10.2002, logisch!

Grüße

Torsten

Torsten Kallweit

Beitrag von Torsten Kallweit » 21. Aug 2003, 22:46

Jou, ist vom 1./2.10.2002, logisch. Hing irgendwie vom letzten Posting noch dran.

Grüße

Torsten

Antworten